I’ve switched from my old (and janky) Jekyll + Polymer setup to Hugo, a similar static content management system written in Go. I’ve needed to do this for a very long time but I procrastinated due to a lack of interest, time, and energy. In this post I’ll go over why I’ve switched, including an overview of how I was previously generating my website with Jekyll.
I found an interesting piece of WordPress malware. In this post, I’ll dig into the nitty-gritty of how it works.
This past spring break I decided that I really needed to dust off my website and start using it for what I originally intended: documenting the neat projects I work on, writing about the topics that interest me, and serving as a hub for my overall Internet presence.
I’ve just finished making a seperate website for my school notes. You can find it at notes.brandonsilver.com.
This summer started out uneventful enough. For most of June I didn’t do very much. Sure, I did tidy up the yard a bit, but not a whole lot besides that.
The website is back online!
Over the past couple of weeks, I’ve been using my free Amazon EC2 Micro instance as a Minecraft server. It isn’t ideal, but it works well enough to replace the aging PC I was using before. Plus, I can feel safe allowing people onto the server, as before I would have to expose my home network to the Internet for the same experience.
Another day, another new blog setup. As you may or may not have noticed, I’ve switched from Wordpress to a new, more lightweight system called Jekyll. It’ll allow me the freedom to write up my posts how I see fit and (hopefully) finally give me the motivation to learn some HTML and CSS.